Schedule your free consultation
Discover How A Qualified Mortgage Broker Can Get You Pre-Approved
- As little as 5% down
- Pre-Approval within four business hours
- Work with industry leaders that specialize in foreclosures
Why should you choose GLM Mortgage Group?
“We Get You a Fast “YES” at the Sharpest Rate…Guaranteed”
What Is Mortgage
Mortgage lenders in Canada have two enforcement options to ensure they get their money back. The first is loan foreclosure and the second is The Power of Sale. What’s the difference?
Mortgage foreclosure /
Judicial Sale Guidelines
- The lender must apply to the courts to receive permission to sell the property
- The lender takes out a lawsuit against the borrower and any other parties who may be liable for the debt, which is costly and lengthy
- Ownership of the property is transferred to the mortgage lender
The lender may sell the property for a price they determine, which doesn’t necessarily have to be the highest possible price
This is a much quicker process and is the preferred method of mortgage recovery in some areas of Canada. The courts are not involved, which makes the entire process faster and easier. In this situation, ownership of the property doesn’t revert to the mortgage lender.
- The lender must send notice to the homeowner/borrower
- The lender is free to take legal action against the homeowner only after the property is sold
- The property must be sold for a reasonable price
- Appraisals must be obtained for the property
- Property must have an MLS listing
- The sale must be performed quickly
- The mortgagee will not necessarily recover all of his/her costs
- Any excess monies after the sale will be the property of the homeowner
- If there is a deficiency, the lender may try to recover it from the owner
In an ideal world, there would be no need for either foreclosure services or a power of sale. Homeowners who are having difficulty in making their payments on time need to speak to their mortgage broker or lender to make arrangements before things get worse.
Tools & Resources For Success!
Good Credit Guide
GLM will help you to obtain and maintain good
credit, which is critical for obtaining a mortgage.
Our free Guide to Obtaining Good Credit
outlines the steps required to quickly improve
When searching for a home, the first step is to determine what you can comfortably afford. Our free, easy-to-use mortgage calculator will help you determine the amount of your mortgage payments.
Posted Mortgage Rates
GLM Mortgage Group always posts the best rates available anywhere. Our mortgage brokers have access to dozens of lenders, we’re able to find the best mortgage product and rate to match your unique needs.